Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A New Earth, A New Worldwide Web Experience

Oprah Winfrey , along with author Eckhart Tolle , teamed up to present a Web class, or ‘Webinar’ to feature telephone connections and e-mail questions and answers regarding discussions of Tolle’s book, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose. Winfrey said she wanted to sponsor this event after feeling profound changes in her consciousness while reading the book. The class is ten weeks in duration, meeting on Monday nights at 9:00 p.m. Eastern/8:00 p.m. Central time at Winfrey’s Web site. The class is free; you just need to register online at Winfrey’s Web site , and load a plug-in to view it. The class will feature a new chapter every week.

Unfortunately, I was one of the many who did get to see all of the initial class. I saw the first ten minutes, then experienced problems receiving the video. According to Harpo Productions, Inc., the class will be available later today on Oprah’s Web site, and also available for downloading as a podcast.

I have only read the first chapter of the book so far. More than any of his writings, I was moved by the presence of the author. I had the honor of meeting Eckhart Tolle ten years ago, shortly after his book,
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment, was released. I enjoyed the book, and it helped me get through a turbulent time in my life. However, when Mr. Tolle took the stage, I was moved by the peacefulness he exuded. He was a man who practiced what he preached. In talking with him after the group discussion, I saw that he really did live in the present moment. Possible distractions in the room did not phase him. He was focused on what he was doing and who he was in the present moment.

Did anyone watch the first A New Earth Webinar last night? If so, what were your thoughts? I’m looking forward to seeing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home