Thursday, December 13, 2007




Thirteen Things about Writing Gifts I’d Like Santa to Bring Me for Christmas




It’s fun to see all the presents piled up under the Christmas tree and in the stockings on Christmas Day. This is a great season for giving, but it’s also fun to receive, especially when someone gives you cool writing stuff. Here are some things I would love to see Santa leave in my stocking this year.

1. An Alphasmart Keyboard – I don’t know for sure if it would help me write more when I travel, but I’d like to give it a go.

2. Some 0.7 Lead Refills – not terribly exciting, but practical.

3. A Composer – to coauthor a musical for stage and screen.

4. Dinner with Shirley Maclaine – I KNOW that would inspire my writing.

5. A New Agent sans a contract with an Interminable Agency Clause – for my novel projects.

6. Some Black Montblanc Pen Refills – again, not exciting, but practical.

7. Some of Santa’s Elves – to clean up my office.

8. A New Agent – for my screenplay and television projects.

9. A Few More Freelance Assignments – Mama needs new shoes.

10. More Time – to complete my projects.

11. Some Extra Cash – to take my critique partner to the restaurant of her choice.

12. Some Personalized Art Deco Style Post It Notes - because I’m almost out of them.

13. A Seven-digit Contract for One of My Projects - ‘nuff said.

What writing-related gifts would you like to find in your Christmas stocking this year?


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


2 Comments:

Blogger Babe King said...

Well hey, that should all be doable, right? :-p Hope you have a great Christmas, and all your wishes come true.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

I want TIME. And lots of it, just to sit and write.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home