Saturday, December 01, 2007

Oh, Schipperke, Oh, Schipperke . . .



. . . my little dog named Shasta.

What can I say?

It’s cold outside and Christmas carols are playing ad nauseam at most public places inside and the holidays are sneaking up on us like an old pair of underwear. As I work in my office today, I’m taking a break from my current works in progress and rewriting “Oh, Christmas Tree” and transforming it into “Oh, Schipperke” in honor of my fun pooch. Cute little dogs in boas are so inspirational. Do you ever rewrite lyrics to Christmas carols? If so, which ones? Who/what is your inspiration?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristina Knight said...

I have! My friends and I used to do that in college...and that's probably enough of an explanation! :)

Love that pic, btw, he's a cutie patootie!

Thanks for visiting my blog...stop by any time.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Diana Celesky said...

Hey, Kristi

Thanks for stopping by, and for your compliments on my pup. I've put a link to your blog on here, so others can easily access your experiences on the writing game.

Maybe this is your year to rewrite "Rudolph, the Red-nosed Reindeer." The beat there is rather limerick-ish, so that could prove to be a very entertaining one.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

I can't say as I have ever rewrote Christmas carols, but I imagine it could be quite fun. :-)

Love your little dog!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home