Monday, November 27, 2006

The World According to Murray

There are times when you encounter someone that profoundly affects your perspective on life, when you meet someone that shares an instant rapport with you and with whom you feel a natural kinship. That happened for me recently when I met Murray. It was love at first sight.

Upon arrival at my Thanksgiving destination, Murray ran across the room to greet me. It was a very pleasant introduction. It didn't take me long to realize that Murray knows how to get what he wants out of life. When he wants his belly rubbed, he just rolls over on the floor and lets you make his life a little better. And his personality is so winning, he usually has multiple persons pampering him simultaneously.

Murray easily plays with children of all ages and temperaments. He can schmooze with the adults, too. He rounded up a fairly hearty supply of turkey that day. Murray seemed to have his life together so well, I knew I had to gain some insight from him.

I asked him some questions about a couple of my writing projects:

"Would it be more fun to write my novel humorous or erotic? Humorous erotica?"

"Is the hero in my film project likable enough?"


Murray looked at me and rolled his eyes in that precious way that only Bassett Hounds have mastered, then walked back over to the center of the living room for some space. He rolled over and stretched his legs, sighing. He appeared to be in a Zen state of mind. It didn't take long before he returned. He lowered his head so I could pet him. I knew his answer for all of my questions:

"Just kick back and chill."

I should have known the wisdom exuded by this marvelous creature would be so simple. May we all follow Murray's advice for at least part of the day today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) LOL :)
We LUV YA MURRAY!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Awww, he's so adorable!!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Diana Celesky said...

Murray's my kind of guy: Sure of himself, knows what he wants and goes for it, and doesn't let life get him down. And he's oh so studly, too.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home